MISSION, VISION & PURPOSE
The Mission of FBCSS: Reach. Teach. Baptize. Repeat.
Vision and Purpose: Equip each Christ-follower to share her/ his experience with Jesus with family and loved ones first, then friends and business associates, then acquaintances and those God places in their path.
The core values which shall guide and direct FBCSS in realizing its mission and accomplishing its purpose are the following.
We desire to:
- Let the light of our godly lives shine together to bring glory to God (Matthew 5:16).
- Not be morally impure, not use obscenities, not be greedy (Ephesians 5:3-4),
- Not talk negatively about one another (James 4:11),
- Forgive one another as the Lord forgave us (Colossians 3:13),
- Confess our sins to one another, pray for each other (James 5:16),
- Use the Word of Christ to teach and admonish one another (Colossians 3:16),
- Use our God-given knowledge to instruct one another (Romans 15:14),
- Have equal concern for each other, suffer when one suffers and rejoice when another is honored (1 Corinthians 12:25-26),
- Be united in mind and convictions (1 Corinthians 1:10),
- Offer hospitality to one another (1Peter 4:9),
- Encourage and build up one another (Thessalonians 5:11),
- Honor one another above ourselves (Romans 12:10),
- Love one another as Christ loved us (John 13:34),
- Be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32),
- Comfort one another (2 Corinthians 1:4),
- Have a spirit of unity based on our common bond in Christ (Ephesians 4:3-6),
- Meet together regularly (Hebrews 10:25),
- Consider others more important than ourselves (Philippians 2:3)
- Use our spiritual gifts to bless one another (1 Corinthians 12:7),
- Nurture one another toward spiritual maturity measured by the life and ministry of Jesus (Ephesians 4:12-13)
- Warn those who are inactive, encourage the discouraged, help the weak, be patient with one another (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
- Gently restore those who sin (Galatians 6:1).
- Not pass judgment on one another, not put any stumbling block in one another’s way (Romans 14:13),
- Be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)