MISSION, VISION & PURPOSE
The mission of FBCSS is to implement the Great Commandments and Great Commission in Sandy Springs, Atlanta, Georgia, North America, and the world. FBCSS’s purpose is to worship and glorify God, love God and one another, make disciples, and be fully devoted followers of Jesus.
The core values which shall guide and direct FBCSS in realizing its mission and accomplishing its purpose are the following.
We desire to:
- love one another as Christ loved us (John 13:34),
- honor one another above ourselves (Romans 12:10),
- be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32),
- encourage and build up one another (Thessalonians 5:11),
- comfort one another (2 Corinthians 1:4),
- offer hospitality to one another (1Peter 4:9),
- have a spirit of unity based on our common bond in Christ (Ephesians 4:3-6),
- be united in mind and convictions (1 Corinthians 1:10),
- meet together regularly (Hebrews 10:25),
- have equal concern for each other, suffer when one suffers and rejoice when another is honored (1 Corinthians 12:25-26),
- consider others more important than ourselves (Philippians 2:3)
- use our God-given knowledge to instruct one another (Romans 15:14),
- use our spiritual gifts to bless one another (1 Corinthians 12:7),
- use the Word of Christ to teach and admonish one another (Colossians 3:16),
- nurture one another toward spiritual maturity measured by the life and ministry of Jesus (Ephesians 4:12-13)
- confess our sins to one another, pray for each other (James 5:16),
- warn those who are inactive, encourage the discouraged, help the weak, be patient with one another (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
- forgive one another as the Lord forgave us (Colossians 3:13),
- gently restore those who sin (Galatians 6:1).
- not talk negatively about one another (James 4:11),
- not pass judgment on one another, not put any stumbling block in one another’s way (Romans 14:13),
- not be morally impure, not use obscenities, not be greedy (Ephesians 5:3-4),
- be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)
- let the light of our godly lives shine together to bring glory to God (Matthew 5:16).